This morning I will be hopping on the train with my tiny sidekick to London to be styled in seconds…
Style Me in Seconds is an event run by the Charity Retail Association, a not-for-profit organisation representing 379 members with, between them, over 8,200 shops in the UK.
This exciting event, which I have been giddy about since securing my appointment in February, aims to get more people through the doors of the nation’s 10,000 or so high street charity shops. Utilising the skills of stylists who are experts in vintage and charity shop looks (and have seen their work featured in the pages of Vogue, Red, Harper’s Bazaar and Marie Clare) slots have been booked out at the event’s Old Street tube station pop-up to would-be thrift explorers to sample the finest in charity shop chic.
The event’s official blog states: “Style Me in Seconds is an event which offers free style makeovers using charity shop pieces to demonstrate the unique looks that can be found in the treasure troves that are the UK’s charity shops.
“The Style Me in Seconds team see fashion as a fun way to creatively express who we are as individuals and they can help you find your style groove too!”
As I say I secured my appointment as soon as I heard about the free event and about two weeks prior to the event I received this tantalizing questionnaire, which I promptly (two days after deadline) filled in:
The Client Questionnaire
Name/Nickname: Ruby Lilith
Some questions to help us nail your style aspirations:
- What one key thing would you most like to focus on in your session with our stylist? Is it a recap on the current trends, maybe adding some more colour to your capsule wardrobe or maybedressing for your shape? Don’t be shy – you can ask us anything…
Dressing for my shape please!
- Are there any particular colours and trends that you avoid? e.g. I avoid pink, and I’m not sure how to rock pattern on pattern because….
I avoid dark colours, particularly browns and greys because they leave me looking washed out
- Is there a trend/style that you’d really like to try but that you haven’t been sure how to execute? i.e. ‘I would love to be able to wear Graphic Stripes or to emulate the 90’s trend’.
I’m unsure about trends in general as I’d like to capture a more timeless style
4) What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?
A green coat dress I love
5) What is your favourite part of you and your body? Is it your bottom, your legs? Go, on now, tell us!
Probably my backside!
6) Is there any part of your body that you love to hate? (Come on ladies/gents we all have one of these!)
Tops of my arms
7)What is your shoe size?
8) What is your UK dress size for tops?Please do give measurements in addition to dress size if you’d like.
7) What is your UK dress size for bottoms?Please do give measurements in addition to dress size if you’d like.
8) We would love to share our looks with you via social media.
Please tell us your:
Twitter handle @RubiesB4Swine
Instagram handle @ruby.lilith
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @stylemeseconds and Instagram @stylemeinseconds
N/B Please turn up on time for your styling session. We will allow ten minutes for tube hiccups and unavoidable delays but any longer than this and we may need to give your session away to another lucky lady or gent.
I cannot wait to see the results…. Report to follow!
- for more information visit: http://stylemeinseconds.com